Sunday, September 11, 2011

We Will Always Have September 11th







A letter to a friend..........

In 2 days it will be Sept 11 - a day forever etched in our souls and embedded in our minds. Our ways have gone separate since then, but it is a day, a moment - a lifetime we will always share. It seems ridiculous... to me not to reach out to u during this time.

And I'll admit, kind of selfish in that you are the only person in my life that will ever know and understand what it felt like to be there that day.

It's been 10 years and life has gone on as it should have, but as much as it has, I can't forget and on the days I don't want to, I find myself lost. Do you feel that way?

You stood next to me at one of the most profound moments in my life - that I will never forget.
It is not my desire to dwell on the sadness of that day. The media does that for me. But, I just couldn't let the day go by without letting you know that I am thinking of you while I am remembering the day and wishing you only good things.

No comments: