Friday, March 12, 2010

HAPPY Birthday to a truly wonderful soul!

My friend, Todd, is celebrating the big 4-0 today. He’s been a fixture in my life for more than ten years – as a chiropractor, boss, friend and confidante. Though he’s still the only guy I know who can put his hands on me without asking, the best part of knowing him is his friendship. Todd is the ultimate Giving Tree, no lie. He’s more than just a guy who runs a successful Wellness Center in midtown Manhattan, where, on any given day, when you visit the office, everyone is in a good mood. A complete extension of his innate positive energy.


I came to know Todd in the late 90’s, when my voice teacher recommended I see his father, Sheldon, for some bodywork. Sheldon Sinett was a legend of sorts. This guy could pretty much tell what was wrong just by looking at you. And the apple didn’t fall too far from the tree because Todd’s got the same gift. Only his gift goes beyond the physical. Over the years, I started seeing him regularly and he’d always know when I walked in the door whether I was having a good day or a bad one. A true gift to someone like me, who always chooses to pretend everything’s fine so as not to make others uncomfortable.

Todd’s seen me through some rough stuff and not once, did he ever judge, criticize or try to talk me out of whatever I was feeling. For that, I will always be grateful. He’s the epitome of a good soul and today, I want to recognize him and wish him the Happiest Birthday ever! It’s his love and support and sheer goodness that touches so many people’s lives – I can attest to that, personally.

Most of you don’t know him, but in honor of his birthday, why not reach out to one of your friends and let them know just how special they are?

No comments: